Help with Linuxant software

Logan Rathbone logan.rathbone-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 9 17:17:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:51:21 -0500
John McGregor <mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I need a bit of help with Linuxant's software. I recently bought a
> Toshiba A70 laptop that has an Atheros integrated WiFi card. The two
> options to get it to work were Madwifi or Linuxant and I chose the
> latter. Everything seems to be set up correctly, except that I need to
>
> move the wpa supplicant folder to the appropriate location and I don't
>
> know where it goes. I ran 'locate' on 'driverloader' and here are the
> results:
>
> <snip>

I know this isn't a direct answer to your question, but have you already
tried ndiswrapper?  It's an excellent free project that basically tries
to accomplish the same thing that Linuxant does, but it's totally free
and, in my experience, is _very_ easy to set up.

I have used DriverLoader though.  I did get it to work, but after 30
days it stopped working and I really didn't want to pay for it.  But if
you've got your heart set on DriverLoader, maybe someone else can help
;-)