Multiple X Servers?!?!?!?

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 9 01:23:42 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply, Robert. Some responses below.

On 8 Jan 2005 at 16:35, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Paul King wrote:

<snip>
> > 2. Any idea as to what scripts to check out to fix this?
>
> I've never heard of a distro starting multiple X servers by default.  It
> really sounds like a loop gone wild somewhere.  More info would be needed
> to track it.
> Rob

I don't think it was starting multiple X servers by default, either. If it did,
it would have had a way to begin them under different consoles. Instead, it was
attempting to start all of them on the same console. When that failed, it asked
me if I would like to start the server in the next console.

Quite possibly a bad loop.

The latest error log is attached. (39 kB)

Paul King