need help installing Fedora...

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 8 03:59:46 UTC 2005

> Which "home" partition are you talking about? My 120GB hard drive or
> the 30GB hard drive?

After you have established a partition for Linux, you have to
'sub-partition' that space so that your distribution can use it. One of
the more important 'sub-partitions' that you will need to create is
called "Home" and that is where all your data files will reside. If you
take care to format this particular partition as FAT 32, then you will
be able to access your data from both Windows and Linux (which can be
useful when you are taking your first steps in Linux.

The very nature of your question suggests to me that you are very new to
Linux. I think that you could do yourself a huge favour by buying /
borrowing a book like "Fedora Core Unleashed", "Running Linux", or even
"Linux for Dummies" and then spending some time getting a good grasp on
how the file system structure is set up in Linux.

John