Fibre installation and fiber providers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 6 23:50:22 UTC 2005

Aaron Vegh wrote:
>>Find your provider first - let them worry about the details.
>

> But by all means, please let us know what you discover. I'm very
> curious to know how fiber works!

You shine a little laser in one end, and detect it at the other.  ;-)

Actually, fibre is far superior to copper in many ways, not the least of
which, is virtually limitless bandwidth.
Certainly far more than you're likely to use.  It can also run many
kilometres, without regeneration, which decreases latency and failure
points etc.