stickers!

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 6 21:04:01 UTC 2005

 --- Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    Going by the philosophy that a laptop isn't loved
> unless it is
> covered in stickers, I have been on a hunt. I have
> lots of stickers now
> but no Tux stickers which is just not right... Can
> anyone recommend
> where I could get tux (and other general OSS
> related) stickers around
> Toronto?

I don't know of any local places that sell Tux
stickers.

If you are in a rush, and quality is not a big concern
you could get a sheet of adhesive paper, a colour
printer and roll your own stickers. A little while
back there was someone at one of the NewTLUG meetings
who had done this and was passing out some of his work
to the group (sorry I don't remember the person's
name).

A while back when I wanted some 1 sq. inch Tux case
badges (with the nice dome top) I ordered 20 of them
from a firm in the U.K. (why the U.K.? because I could
get them cheaper there than anywhere in Canada/U.S..).
Then what I did was keep a few badges for myself and
sold the rest at TLUG meetings. I ended up making a
(very small) profit on the deal, and in essence got a
few "free" badges for myself.

Question is, would it be worth doing a repeat of this?
Would TLUG members be interested in a bunch of 1 sq.
inch Tux and/or 1 sq. inch Debian swirl case badges?

Colin McGregor