IRDA and Palm

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 6 15:11:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:07:14AM +0000, Jason Shein wrote:
> Anyone here managed to sync a palm unit and a laptop using IRDA?
>
> Toshiba Satellite 1900
> Treo 600 runing PalmOS5 ( visor )
>
> Debian unstable
>
> Packages:
> kpilot
> irda-common
> irda-tools
>
> irda-utils ( current replacement for irda-common & irda-tools ) will not
> install for some reason. the pre-install script errors out every time.
>
> irdadump sees nothing when I attempt to hotsync.

So far I found pilot-link and jpilot to work for syncing my Tungsten E
(palm os 5) while kpilot couldn't even find it.  Pretty typical kde
application problem in my experience. :)

This is over usb link.  None of my machines have IR unfortunately.

Do you have an IR driver loaded?  As in a kernel module for doing IR.
Utilities alone isn't enough.

Lennart Sorensen