custom kernel config

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 4 09:42:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   Pretty simple question - I want to recompile a kernel for my laptop
(I've done this before on other machines) and I know I could spend the
time going through and making sure everything is there but when all I
want to do is add one or two things I would much rather be able to say
"look at my kernl, use that as a base config" and then edit from there.

   I run Fedora Core 3 and my current kernel comes from an RPM. Is this
possible? Is there some way to base a new downloaded kernel's initial
config on the running kernel? Thanks!

Madison