need help installing Fedora using partition magic

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 1 00:07:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:31:16PM -0500, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> When I hear about Partition Magic on a Linux list, I wonder: who is asking?
>
> True, it is easier for a newbie to use PM than fips. But one ought to
> pay for PM. For fips no. Fips is not easy to learn nor simple for a
> medium-experienced Linux user. But when I had choice between the two I
> could not resit fips: just as a chalange. And yes, I reformated HD of a
> comp I am using, with fips (the comp is not owned by me at all and it is
> worth more than 4000 C$). Now I have both windows and linux there.
> Risky? Yes. Now though during my life I will not buy PM - I will use
> fips only.

When did fips get NTFS support?

Partition magic does Ext2, NTFS and FAT quite well, which I haven't seen
any other tool do correctly and certainly not as easily.  It does seem
like a steep price for a tool most people will only use a couple of
times.  Of course if you frequently help other people with their
computer, having a copy you could bring to boot from floppy and resize
the drive is handy.

Oh well, I keep hoping one day gparted will make some sense.

Lennart Sorensen