Web hosting

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 28 18:24:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:28:07 -0500, Devin Whalen
<devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have volunteered myself to build a website for a non-profit
> organization.  I was going to just host it at my place of work but then
> I thought it might be better to host it somewhere else in case I ever
> find a new job and it makes accessing the website awkward or something.
> Also, I want to see if I can get any better deals.  Anyway, my only
> requirements for where it is hosted is that they use Linux (or freeBSD),
> they have perl,php, apache,postgresql (or mysql)...well, all the usual
> open source web technologies.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  What
> should I expect as a good price?

I can recommend pair Networks (http://www.pair.com) -- pretty decent
prices, great customer support, great connectivity and infrastructure.
Their various plans are available at

  http://www.pair.com/services/web_hosting/

and for $25 setup and $10/month (US dollars) you can set up a basic
web site very quickly.

Alex