KDE not starting and getting access errors

jim ruxton cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 24 08:27:09 UTC 2005

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to why I'm getting the
following messages. It started after I tried to boot off a CD that I
thought was Fedora Core 3 Disk 1. Well it was but it was just a copy of
the .iso file and the CD wasn't burned as an iso image. A couple of
strange things happened. While booting I get this message:

Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: 03:05: rw=0, want=40242032,
limit=10586803
Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: 03:05: rw=0, want=40242032,
limit=10586803
Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Feb 24 03:11:22 localhost kernel: 03:05: rw=0, want=40242032,
limit=10586803

And when I try to start KDE I get this below. Gnome runs fine. Any ideas
what I did. I also noticed around the same time my hard drive was at 99%
capacity. I've since cleaned it up. This is where Linux gets fun.
Unfortunately my Google searches haven't helped.

kdeinit: Pipe closed unexpectedly: No such file or directory
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
kdeinit: Pipe closed unexpectedly: No such file or directory
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.
waiting for X server to shut down