Linux in Schools Project, a P4, and ATi drivers

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 22 23:03:31 UTC 2005

On February 23, 2005 03:29 am, Igor Denisov wrote:

> Also, I went to SUSE 9.2 (using X.org)  in hope of getting my Radeon
> 9200 to work properly, and notachance!
> I followed the instructions SUSE gives for installing the driver and
> the atempts have been rather futile (and duh, I later read the 3D
> support is listed as experimental :-).
> There appears to be a new driver out:
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/ATI/suse92/i386/fglrx/8.10
>.19 Has anyone here tried it yet?
> I really don't want to go through another install process to find that
> the 3D doesn't work :-)

You are aware that as of last week there are new X.Org drivers available from
ATI Version: 8.10.19

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/fglrx_6_8_0-8.10.19-1.i386.rpm

Full 3D support listed for the 9200 and many others.

Might want to give this a try.

BUT -  make sure you read all documentation and release notes for the
proprietary drivers

Release Notes
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.10.19.html

HOWTO
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/linuxhowto-ati.html

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca