Qmail time / region settings

Andrew Cowie andrew-2KHxOkysSnqmy7d5DmSz6TlRY1/6cnIP at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 23 00:00:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-22-02 at 17:46 +0000, Jason Shein wrote:
> What easy config file am I overlooking here? Where do I set the time
> for qmail? Normally this comes from the system time.

If you'd asked "how do I set the timezone for Qmail" you might have hit
it. What you're looking for is not in a control file; Qmail looks at the
TZ environment variable.

On one server, in /service/qmail-send/run, I have

	exec env - TZ="UTC" PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
		nice -n 3 qmail-start ./.maildir/ 2>&1

and that does the trick for my requirement; you presumably want
TZ="America/Toronto"

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Managing Director

Sydney:   +61 2 9977 6866
New York: +1 646 472 5054
Toronto:  +1 416 848 6072
London:   +44 207 1019201

OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers
specializing in technology strategy, changes and upgrades,
enterprise architecture, and performance improvement for
systems and, more importantly, the people who run them

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/