termcap question

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 21 18:20:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   I have installed a (commercial) accounting package at a clients and
everything went well except one issue. The arrow keys aren't working
properly. Speaking to their tech-support (OSAS is the company) they had
me run a little program inside their app that reported keystroke codes
(I am guessing). The guy told me to edit my '/etc/termcap' file to
create a new console ('linux' and 'xterm' didn't work) that "used those
codes (see below) for the arrow keys.".

   Unfortunatly he was unwilling to give me any forther guidance because
it was outside their program. I need to make it so that when the arrow
keys these codes are passed:

up-arrow...: \E0A
down-arrow.: \E0B
left-arrow.: \E0D
right-arrow: \E0C

   I am feeling honestly lost. I can understand the logic (change the
code passed to the program when key X is pressed) but beyond that I
don't have a clue what to do. The file itself is... cryptic... and the
pointer for more help in it is no longer valid.

   If anyone can give me a pointer or two I would (again) be greatul!

Madisong