SPAM-LOW: Re:New/old programming language making a splash

David Mayerlen dmz-yBkl/NpmZwtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 20 00:13:59 UTC 2005

 The world could use less "BASIC". Too many suffer from Microsoft's
"Visual" BASIC. Nostalgia aside there are no good reasons to use it that I
can think of with all the other amazing choices of programming languages
available.

 And I cringe when I see "Cygwin". Yah it works but geez, if yah want that
sort of thing there's a better way :-)

 Hey, how did we get into a Windows discussion? Cygwin and QBASIC on
Windows? Huh?