Experience with Averatec laptops, anyone?

PW Armstrong pwa.linux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 19 21:27:16 UTC 2005

Hello  -  I've been working with Samba, trying to network my RedHat 8 pc
and my WinXP computer.

I set up samba using SWAT, and my RH pc shows up in my WinXP Network
Places>Microsoft Windows Network>Samba1, as a member in the workgroup I
defined (called Samba1).

However, whenever I try to access either of the shares (I only defined
2), I get the error 'network path was not found' on the XP computer.
I've checked the permissions and they are fine.

Also, I can't access my XP computer from my RedHat computer either, so I
guess I've got a few more things to do.

Any suggestions for fixing these two issues?  Thx very much.

-Peter