any touch screen experience there?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 16 19:53:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, William Park wrote:

> Touch screen is very application dependent (because you need to
> interpret what x,y=20,30 means) and OS dependent (because of drivers).

I do not agree. At least not the kinds I had to do with. The calibration
can indeed be done in software but usually it is done by a driver
supplied by the touchscreen maker. The touchscreen looks like a mouse
and sends a coordinate set (motion) followed by a left click for every
user touch. Using other functions may require special drivers.

Peter