Debian network install

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 18:24:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:21:43PM -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> 3.0 apparently. I got  rescue.bin and root.bin from .../current/images-1.44/

And which base floppies did you download?  You must have all of them to
install by floppy since that is where all the device drivers come from.

With sarge (3.1 'beta') you can get away with the boot, root and
netinstall driver floppies (3 total).  I have done that and it worked
well.

Lennart Sorensen