Debian network install

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 14 17:51:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:27:16PM -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> My son and I are both considering Debian. One problem for me is getting a
> network driver for the realtek RTL8139/810x. No luck so far, and
> debian.org's search facility is down.  FWIW, I'd be trying to install on my
> Acer laptop. I've been frustrated with dependency problems for FC2 -> FC3
> and know that there are Debian users on this list.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Well the 8139 driver is called 8139too.  I haven't encountered a
revision that the debian installer didn't support personally, but given
the number of revisions realtek has made, I wouldn't be surprised if
they had managed to make yet another incompatible revision with the same
model number.

Which version of debian are you trying to install and using which
installer (and revision)?

Lennart Sorensen