SD Card only fills halfway

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 12:01:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:09:26AM -0500, Joseph Kubik wrote:
>The only time I've seen that sort of goofie-ness the partition table
>on my disk was cooked. I re-partitioned the whole thing and it got
>better.

That may be next.  I tried Anton's suggestion of altering fstab to
include calls to sync, but that made no difference.

>Does /var/log/messages have any more information ?

Tons.  Logwatch is having a field day.  However, there don't appear to
be any errors, save for when I try to mount /dev/sda (which I do for USB
keys) when the card is in the reader.

>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:43:22 -0500, Nezumikozo <Nezumikozo-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Has this card ever showed the full capacity?  Sounds like its half dead.

The card has never shown full capacity.  I hope it's not half dead -
that would be tiresome.

There was one other suggestion - that there are too many files in the
top level directory - well, I doubt it, because there are 147.  Thanks
though.
--

yours,

William