SD Card only fills halfway

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 00:05:31 UTC 2005

On February 11, 2005 03:52 am, William O'Higgins wrote:
> I have a 1 Gb SD card which works just fine under Linux, except that it
> thinks it's full when it isn't.  Here is the error message:
>
> cp: cannot create regular file `/mnt/card/linux-penguin.png': No space
> left on device
>
> And here is the output of df:
>
> /dev/sda1               991488    514192    477296  52% /mnt/card
>
> The fstab line looks like this:
>
> /dev/sda1    /mnt/card    vfat    rw,user,noauto      0   0
>
> I'd just love to be able to use the whole card, but either my Google
> skills are rusty or this is weird/unusual.  Any thoughts?

I am currenly having the same problem on a 512 Mb SD, SanDisk

On my desktop machine running Gentoo, It says it is full after 256 or so. I
find that If I unmount the card, then remount it I am able to fill it
further.

On my laptop, Debian unstable, it works in one shot.

odd...

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca