getting IP address of router

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 7 17:16:04 UTC 2005

On February 7, 2005 10:08 pm, jim ruxton wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 11:29, Jason Shein wrote:
> > On February 7, 2005 09:02 pm, jim ruxton wrote:
> > > Thanks again Adam. I didn't have Lynx, guess it doesn't come with
> > > Fedora. I installed it and this works, thanks. What I'd like to easily
> > > be able to do is grab my internet IP address and pass it on to a
> > > script. I guess I could parse what comes back from myip.dk but I keep
> > > thinking there must be an easier way.
> > > Jim
> >
> > http://www.whatismyip.com/
> >
> > or some php I came across a while ago that is said to do just this. I
> > can't remember where I found it though...
> >
> > <?
> > $domain = GetHostByName($REMOTE_ADDR);
> > print $domain;
> > ?>
>
> In this case what is the variable $REMOTE_ADDR ?
>
> Jim
try here

http://www.geekuprising.com/get_your_ip_address_with_perl

-snip-

So. You want to find your external IP address for use in a perl script. This
falls into the "simple things that should be easy" category, but the devil's
in the details. I'll discuss a few scenarios, and give you some simple
scripts that should help you if you're trying to do this behind a router /
NAT setup.

-snip-

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca