getting IP address of router

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 7 21:22:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, jim ruxton wrote:

> Thanks again Adam. I didn't have Lynx, guess it doesn't come with
> Fedora. I installed it and this works, thanks. What I'd like to easily
> be able to do is grab my internet IP address and pass it on to a script.
> I guess I could parse what comes back from myip.dk but I keep thinking
> there must be an easier way.

What system are you on ? On linux you don't need an external host to
tell you who you are unless you run through a NAT firewall atyour
premises or your isp's.

Both lynx and, better, wget, can be used to obtain the source of a web
page. wget is easier to use than lynx in this context.

Is that host behind a NAT firewall ?

Peter