apcusbd - Debian

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 4 15:03:38 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 12:54, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> This config works for me on Debian Sarge with an APC ups sing USB.
>
> UPSCABLE usb
> UPSTYPE usb
> DEVICE /dev/usb/hiddev0

deleted

> I think that was the only file I changed to get it going.

Thanks for the reply Lennart.  I tried your device line but that didn't help.
All other variables were the same.

I went through the testing stuff in the users manual,  and I got all the
results I should. So I did the unthinkable and hooked it up to my laptop and
tried loading the Windows software.  It couldn't find the UPS either.

So the factory tests are not infallible. Another UPS from the store worked so
a new unit has solved the problem.

Regards

--
Merv Curley