partitioning problems when trying to install Fedora Core 3

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 4 03:38:01 UTC 2005

I'm late to this discussion and haven't been following it. But with regard
to partitioning:

I just installed Suse Linux on a new Toshiba laptop. The machine has XP on
it and this was a dual boot installation.

It was a matter of putting the CD into the drive and rebooting the computer.
(I had to set the boot sequence to start with the CDROM rather than the hard
drive.) That was it. I accepted the defaults and the install went from there
without incident. Repartitioning was done automatically. The screen
resolution was not correct, but could be corrected from the gui without
editing any files.

I had a similar positive experience installing Suse linux on another desk
top machine.

For someone new to linux, this is the way to go in my opinion. Then you can
delve into a working system.

Peter

--
Peter D. Hiscocks