anyone living within the Durham region (as far as Newcastle), I need some Fedora help

Simon Tonekham stonekham14-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 4 01:40:07 UTC 2005

Hey there, guys.

I would need someone who is living within the Durham Region area to
assist me in my Fedora installation. I have a computer with these
following specifications:

- Intel P4 at 1.4GHz
- Intel D850GB Mainboard
- 256 MB RDRAM
- 120GB Western Digital 8MB, 7200RPM hard drive (primary hard drive,
currently occupied by Windoze XP PRO SP2)
- 30GB (27.95 GB officially) Quantum Maxtor 2MB, 7200RPM hard drive
("slave" hard drive, with a 15GB (officially 14.52GB)  FAT32 (VFAT)
partition created and 15GB (officialy 13.42GB) worth of unallocated space)
- LG 16X DVD-ROM equiv. to 48X Max CD-ROM drive
- A-open 48x write/12 re-write/50x read CD writer
- Nvidia RIVA TNT2 32MB Video Card
- Intergrated Intel sound
- Intergrated Intel PRO VM 10/100 networking

I want to know if someone is avaliable who is living in the Durham
Region and who can offer me some assistance for my proposed Fedora
installation. This was on the table for months and I want to experience
Linux like I never discovered before in my life. The main part that I
want to focus is that which partitions should I create and how much
should I also create in my second hard drive. My 2nd hard drive is
"hdb", while my 1st hard drive is "hda". Also, how do I keep my Fedora
system up-to-date? When a new version of Fedora comes out, do I need to
reinstall the same distribution? What happens if I don't feel
comfortable with Fedora and prefer to change to another distribution,
let's say, Mandrake?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Simon

- P.S. I'm primarily focusing Linux users who live in the Ajax
(Westney/Hwy. 2 or Hwy. 2/Harwood) area.