linuxcaffe; logo contest - and the winner is;

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 19:51:24 UTC 2005

ME !
    really ? omigod ! thank you thank you !
Honorable mention to Diana Sullada, Aaron Vegh, and Matt Cahill, for
their fine contributions.

Is this fair ? you ask, that the contest host/judge is the winning
participant ?
No, it ain't fair. Sometimes life ain't fair, get used to it ! :-)

Two talented artists (not on TLUG) had promised to submit entries, but
did not do so until after the contest deadline, so I waited. One kind of
gave up and the other just took forever and then came up with something
I really didn't like. The object of the contest was to solicit logo art,
but as I'll be married to the durn thing, I wasn't going to adopt
something just to be a good contest host,  so.. I cooked up the logo
myself, using Inkscape. It's still not done, but getting there.

As a result of the contest botch-up, I have decided to award all (3)
participants with the grand prize package; linuxcaffe membership, a
choice of available swag, and a steaming mug of their favorite beverage.
Thanks for playing !

djp