Linux or BSD on tiny HD?

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 18:58:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:35:03 -0500, David J Patrick
<davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Damn Small Linux !
> http://damnsmalllinux.org/
> small (<50 meg) live CD with options for HD install.
> run from CD, HD, USB, ethernet.
> based on knoppix/debian, comes with good (small) application
> environment, a repository of one-click-install apps and, of course,
> apt-get anything else you want. It rocks !
>
> or
>
> SLAX
> slackware based live CD that can be installed to CD.
> 10 x larger than DSL, but hey, it'll fit ! barely..
> http://slax.linux-live.org/doc_install.php#inst2disk
>
> djp

That's funny... I actually DO have Slax installed there right now!

And installing DSL does sound interesting. I like that distro. And I
guess like you said, I can then customize a bit and install things I
want.

-Steve.

--
Mozilla Firefox -rediscover the web-