(Looking for) Windows NT Terminal Server

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 17:53:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 12:08:28PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 04:01:31PM -0500, William Park wrote:
> > If you have Windows NT Terminal Server (just the software) that you are
> > not using, I'll buy it from you.
> >
> > As you know, I'm working on thin-client for Linux and Windows, booting
> > off USB key drive.  Linux thin-client is complete.  I need to test RDP
> > client for Windows.  For that, I need access to "server" which is one of
> > the following:
> >     - Windows NT Terminal Server
> >     - Windows XP Pro (Remote Desktop)
> >     - Windows 2000 Server (Terminal Services)
> >     - Windows 2003 Server (Terminal Services)
> >
> > Since NT is being de-commissioned by Microsoft, hopefully one of you
> > will have an orphaned copy. :-)
>
> But if someone upgrades from NT terminal server to a newer one, the
> upgrade makes their old license defunct, and they aren't allowed to
> sell it or give it away. :)

If I can't find a cheap NT Terminal Sever, then I'll go buy XP Pro
retail.  :-)

But, that begs question... if you have a CD (which you own legally),
can't you not sell it, irrespective of the content of that CD?  If you
pirated the content, then there might be a problem.  But, if you
purchased the content legitimately, then why is there restriction?

I'm not talking about getting support from Microsoft, just like you
don't care about getting warrenty support from GM when you buy a used
car.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because I can type.