OT: Servers for sale

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 17:02:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Andrew Hammond wrote:

> Given their spec's, I guess they might find a market with a hobbyist who
> is looking at leasing  couple of U at one of the local datacenters.
> Peer1 for example, leases 1/8 cabinets at their 1 Yonge St. location
> IIRC. Not a bad datacenter either, although their physical security was
> lacking when I checked it out about 3 years ago.

One option for getting into Peer1 if you don't want to lease 1/8 of a
cabinet is TCCP (http://www.tccp.ca) - a not-for-profit community colo
project.

Although we have been legally sheltering TCCP while it is being
incorporated, OpenTrend Solutions gets no profits from TCCP.  My only
reason for mentioning it here is because I think it is a great community
oriented effort.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.