Linux or BSD on tiny HD?

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 3 17:02:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Taavi Burns wrote:
> [crossover cables]
> I echo Henry's commentary on this, though I feel obliged to add my own
> rant and question why any company makes non-autosensing ethernet
> ports any more...

Given that there are still some ports around that care, alas, an addendum
to my previous comments:

For the sake of your future sanity, color-code.  You can usually get some
choice of cable colors if you shop around a bit.  Buy crossover cables
only in orange or red (e.g., Above All Electronics, Bloor a block west of
Bathurst, has them in orange).  Never ever buy straight-through cables in
either of those colors.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org