partitioning problems when trying to install Fedora Core 3

Simon Tonekham stonekham14-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 2 20:18:38 UTC 2005

Joseph Kubik wrote:

>I always go through the installer untill partition time.
>ctrl-alt-F2
>mknod /dev/hdN or mknod /dev/sdN where n is appropiate.
>fdisk /dev/hda
>create my partitions as I like.
>
>Then, ALT-F1 or ALT-F7 and set the mount points as appropriate
>usingthe "expert" partitioning option.
>
>-Joseph-

Another friend of mine told me - from a message board, that I have to
create the linux partitions manually, when I'm in the partitioning
phase.This is what I want Linux to have on my 13.42GB worth of
unallocated space:

/dev/hdb1 - boot: (don't know, please specify reconmended amount)
/dev/hdb2 - root: 12.91GB
/dev/hdb3 - swap: 512MB

I've already created a 14.52GB to share files between the two operating
systems such as Windows XP Pro and Fedora Core 3 Linux. The problem is,
where and how can I create those partitions when I'm in the manual
installation phase of my installation?

If you have any questions, comments and/or suggestions, please do not
hesistate to do so. Thank you.

Simon