partitioning problems when trying to install Fedora Core 3

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 1 20:41:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:35:38 -0500, Simon Tonekham
<stonekham14-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
<snip>
> "Unsatisfied Partition request New part request - mountpoint: none
> uniqueID: 27 type: physical volume (LVM) format: 1 badblocks: none
> device: none drive:['hdb'] primary: none size:0 grow: 1 maxsize: none
> start: none end: none migrate: none origfstype: none"
>
> I also got this error message as well:
>
> "The following errors occured with your partitioning. You have not
> defined a root (/) partition wh ich is required for installation of
> Fedora Core to continue. This can happen if there is not enough space on
> your hard drive(s) for the installation. You can choose a different
> automatic partiton option or click "back" to select manual partitioning."

Looks like you have the answer staring you in the face.  Your new partition has
a mountpoint of "none".  You need to at least have something for /.  See if you
can adjust the mount point for that partition to / and you should have
better luck.

--
taa
/*eof*/