Carpal Tunnel therapy

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 1 14:02:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 08:49:18PM -0500, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Have you looked at the "Natural" keyboards (at home I have examples by both
> Logitech and by Microsoft). Yes, they are UGLY but I find they are very
> comfortable to type on, and while hardly a solution to the likes of carpal
> tunnel, might help a bit...

And some people like my mother who actually has learned to type can't
stand them because they did the left hand/right hand split wrong
according to the typing rules she learned.  If one of these companies
were real smart they would duplicate a few keys down the middle to both
sides so that all touch typists would be able to have the keys where
they expect them.  Many of them are also too wide for smaller people to
use comfortably.  Of course my mother has never complained about RSI or
CTS either, so perhaps good posture and proper typing technique also
makes a difference.

Lennart Sorensen