USB, Bluetooth, VMware

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 30 16:30:27 UTC 2005

You may be able to stop the hotplug daemon before you try to sync, and
then restart the hotplug portion.
Disabling hotplug won't disable any already inserted USB thingies (like mice).

Otherwise, try doing a tail -f /var/log/messages while the whole thing
is happening, to see what step is gnome getting so upset about.
-Joseph-