PVR's

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 28 12:28:40 UTC 2005

On Tue Dec 27,2005 02:58:58 PM ted leslie wrote:
> i have the HD PVR ............
[...]
> I was thinking of removing the HD and seeing what partitions and
> filesystem it uses  .. anyone tried that?

The Scientific Atlanta PVR's that Rogers uses have a proprietary file
system on the HDD and encrypt the data using the serial number of the
unit as part of the key. You can't even transfer a drive between
different units of the same model and view previously recorded
material.

> I was thinking of putting a swappable drive
> drawer in , and putting in a 250GB drive.

The way to expand the storage on the SA8300HD PVR is to use an
external SATA drive. There is a E-SATA connector on the back of the
PVR designed for this purpose. There's lots of information on doing
this in this formum thread:
<http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23773>

And, you can find plenty more general information on these PVR's in
the forum at:
<http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61>

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **