PVR's

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 27 16:14:16 UTC 2005

-----

> I would love to know if it is possible with any available hardware to
> get HD from cable, or if only the digital box can do that at this time.
> I know you can do it off the air, although I think city tv is the only
> available channel so far in toronto.
>
> Len Sorensen
> --

What got me started on this was a short article in the Nov 05  HUB magazine
called 'Press record and shuffle those bits'  - pg 26.  Partly because of
its brevity, I hope,  I didn't understand the last part dealing with the
digital recorder available from cable providers.  At any rate some DVD
recorders can handle the HD format,  none are specified tho.

I did go back and look at the HD recorder compatable with Rogers and it was
$600 instead of the $400 I thought it was.  So recording programs is a tad
expensive.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can