compiling xmas.c

Paul Sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 23 18:35:47 UTC 2005

I am trying to compile xmas.c

when i type cc -c xmas.c I get the following error,

xmas.c: In function 'main':
xmas.c:57: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'exit'
xmas.c:58:2: warning: no newline at end o

Given that the most I have every compiled is hello world,  plus perhaps
recopiling a kernel (years ago that was), Iam not exactly an expert in c

output from uname -a is as follows
Linux duron1600 2.6.14-kanotix-6 #1 PREEMPT Thu Dec 15 17:42:57 CET 2005
i686 GNU/Linux

hope this helps

Merry Christmas

 Also my router managed to disconnect from the net, when I rebooted from
windows to linux to try this program out,  I ended up having to turn the
router off, and the on again to fix,  is this an indication of hardware
problems,  my router is not on 24/7,  but only on when the computer is on.

thanks

Paul