jobs in Linux / IT

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 19:33:51 UTC 2005

Christopher Charles wrote:

> If you are not young and not white you definitely will
> not fit in!

Strange comment.  Perhaps true in some industries but in IT???  I work
with a mixture of people from asia, middle east and eastern/western
europe.  I don't believe there is any dominant group.

The age balance may lean slightly towards the 45 and under crowd but not
significantly and I've seen no evidence of discrimination in hiring
practices.

Enthusiasm, intelligence and experience are the key hiring factors IMO.