jobs in Linux / IT

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 19:06:46 UTC 2005

> On Dec 22, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Peter wrote:
>
>> Maybe they think it's cool to have a cab driver with a PhD. At least
>> he would know how to read the map and not get lost.
>
> Having talked with a number of PhDs, I think I'd rather trust a real
> cabbie...maybe...a *little* more, at least.  :-)

I recently picked up a cab at the corner of Church and Gerrard. I  asked
him to take me to the Royal Ontario Museum. "You'll need to give me
directions" he said. On the way over there, he took out a row of plastic
cones next to a construction site. A bunch of construction workers were
closing in on the cab, but fortunately the light changed and we got away.
I should have asked the driver if he had his PhD.

P.