jobs in Linux / IT

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 10:42:10 UTC 2005

Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, paul sutton wrote:
>
>> Thanks,  I have one in pdf on my personal website, will update and
>> post there,  and put a link, and perhaps summerise on the list,
>> otherwise it could end up as a big post.
>
> Hi Paul.  See you are showing clue already - a big plus :)
>
> I do have a serious reason for posting.  Don't get disillusioned if you
> don't find IT work here as easily as you thought you might (or as easily
> as you did at home).  Many Canadian companies seek "Canadian experience".

Whenever I hear about that, I have to wonder how Canadian computers
differ from those in other countries.. What's really disgusting is that
at a time when we're short of doctors in this province, immigrant
doctors are driving cabs or flipping burgers!  Why isn't there some sort
of supervised work program, to enable them to get started?