Fastest KDE distro?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 21 14:02:53 UTC 2005

On 12/19/05, Steve <bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a distro that uses KDE that is fast? I've tried
> Xandros and SuSE, but found both to be sluggish, whereas Gnome distros
> like Fedora and Ubuntu are pretty quick. Or is this just an inherent
> quality of KDE, that it is rather slow compared to Gnome?

I don't know enough to compare Gnome and KDE, but after having tried
PCLinuxOS (and with a lot of tweaking of the hotkeys and other
preferences) I'm very happy with it.  I used to be a blackbox user but
I've since switched over to KDE full-time.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/

My system is a bit mangled right now, but pre-mangling it was very
snappy on my 1.4GHz 1GB RAM setup.  Having been a blackbox user, I'm
very sensitive to these slow window managers and wigits and whatnot..
the full-blown KDE experience has been great thus far.