jobs in Linux / IT

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 20 21:55:13 UTC 2005

On 12/20/05, paul sutton <zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Some time in 2006, I am intending coming over to Canada, on a 12 month
> work authorisation,  I am currently researching jobs in the area, as
> well as accomodation as if I am staying long term I will need somewhere
> to stay.  What sort of jobs are there in Toronto for entry level IT as
> while I can do pretty much anything I would like to learn some linux
> stuff so when I return to the Uk I have some excellent skills to offer
> potential employers.

A common scenario seems to be that a lot of organizations are
forlornly searching for skilled staff.  That's the step above "entry
level."

There were a couple recruiters at the last meeting in much the same
desperate search that some of the folks at my employer are; they have
been talking to people, and not finding people at the "skilled enough"
level.

I'm not sure what the answer to that is.  It's certainly relevant to you...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)