jobs in Linux / IT

paul sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 20 18:55:12 UTC 2005

Some time in 2006, I am intending coming over to Canada, on a 12 month
work authorisation,  I am currently researching jobs in the area, as
well as accomodation as if I am staying long term I will need somewhere
to stay.  What sort of jobs are there in Toronto for entry level IT as
while I can do pretty much anything I would like to learn some linux
stuff so when I return to the Uk I have some excellent skills to offer
potential employers.

I am however willing to take anything,  even if its' working in IT
making coffee's or perhaps as I am interested in Astronomy something to
do with that, again even if it's just on a basic tech level, I can
hopefully work my way up,  I am sure that many science industries rely
on IT and in most cases may even use Linux / Unix for research etc.

The opportunity to work along side professionals in the field, and
hopefully learn at the same time would be great.

Thanks

Paul Sutton

On a similar note and on a similar thread to my opensource in schools
this may be of interest to group members.

http://www.techmentor.ca/faq_volunteer.htm