Fastest KDE distro?

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 19 22:35:48 UTC 2005

On 12/19/05, Byron Sonne <blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My SuSE setup runs faster than anything I've ever seen. You need to
> include some more specs about your system and what you do with it. For
> all I know, you're running it on a P200.

Sorry about that... AMD 2500+, 512MB OCZ Performance DDR400, Asus
A7N8X-X, MSI (NVidia) FX5200TDI-128.

Switching virtual desktops has a noticeable lag that I do not get in
Gnome desktops (other things like minimizing/maximizing windows are
also slower). I think my system is "middle of the road", so I wonder
if KDE is meant mainly for faster machines?

-Steve.