Promoting Open Source in Schools

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 16 20:14:13 UTC 2005

> paul sutton <zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone in the Toronto area. has been involved in
>> getting open source into schools and if they could share their
>
> I gave a few presentations on Linux in the academe back in the
> Philippines, and I've always strongly advocated open source
> development for computing students and open source use for everyone
> else. =) I also keep in touch with teachers and students back home.
> I'd love to chat about Linux and schools.

I'd be interested. I believe the right approach would be to propose a
ready-to-use solution.
Ballmer was in Ottawa last week, the government is giving $4.5 million
dollars to the schools over the next years...
My board is about to switch from win98 to winXP and to equip all stations
with  MS Office (currently Corel and StarOffice).