OT: Looking for integrated Socket 754 ATX board with builtin video

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 16 01:37:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 12:17, Meng Cheah wrote:
> Merv Curley wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 December 2005 23:55, Meng Cheah wrote:
> >>I already posted to the Hardware list but am posting here for more
> >>coverage :-)
> >>
> >>Can anyone recommend/suggest an integrated Socket 754 ATX board with
> >>builtin video?
> >
> > Take a look at the ASRock  K8 Upgrade  VM800.  Seems to be  a
> > possibility. Canadasys.com  list it at $68.  Also has SATA sockets.
>
> Thanks. Any experience with ASRock?
> --
Well I have had one running for about a year  with no problems, and just
bought the k8-Upgrade board for another computer upgrade for that reason.
I was suspicious about the low price originally but it has worked  ok.

I didn't go through the spec's carefully enough to see that 'Dimension '
line said micro ATX.   Never having tried, does that mean it can't be
mounted in an ATX case?  I could probably drill a couple of holes easy
enough.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can