Dell DJ Ditty

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 14 17:49:46 UTC 2005

--- Vince Fry <vince-J8gUg58EjS5Wk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I just got one of these for free from my Dell rep.
> Does anyone have any
> idea if this works with Linux? I've tried Gnomad2
> and Neutrino, but
> neither can find the device. I'm running Ubuntu
> Breezy.

I looked this up on-line and it APPEARS to be a
typical USB based MP3 player. The VAST majority of
current generation USB MP3 players look to a Linux
system like an external USB drive. So, when I deal
with my USB based MP3 player under Debian I will type
(as root):

   mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/mp3
   cd /mnt/mp3

then I can add/delete mp3 files to my hearts
content...

Colin McGregor