kyocera 650 ev-do card support

dave morton dmortondc-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 14 17:17:53 UTC 2005

Jason, I'm going to try your idea!

i managed to get a bell tech who is linux friendly and he explained that the
password is actually embedded into the card itself, along with the device
phone number.

It is a 32 character password if you can believe it. he was able to somehow
get it for me so i am going to try it tonight. the network login is now
1234567890-8O8ytkDkgR/BuxzDYkkuzQ at public.gmane.org for these new cards.
the mip (mobile ip ) network redirects to whichever network is available -
either 1x or evdo.

he was surprised too that the password is 32 characters long, but he says
that evdo is really new here in canada, so some of the wrinkles are yet to
be ironed out.

btw the #777 dialout on these devices is simply the north american universal
number for roaming and getting 1x and evdo networks

dave

One option you could try, is installing the bell software on a windows based
laptop, and capturing the packets with ethereal during the logon process.

Ethereal for windows can be found here.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ethereal/ethereal-setup-0.10.13.exe?download

I had to do this to understand the logon procedure for the bell prepaid
internet dial up service ( To use with my treo ) and use it on linux. For
those of you who are interested, it is called WebMinutes.

The logon username for webminutes is the odd part. Maybe the kyocera uses
the
same method.

The logon ID for WebMinutes is idm/pre/"USERNAME"@cp followed by the
password.

Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
Detached Networks
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.