new member

paul sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 13 18:02:06 UTC 2005

Hi

I am a new subscriber. While I live in England I decided to join as I am
in the process of registering for BUNAC on their work canada programme
and if successful will be able to spend 12 months working in Canada,.  I
thought as I am interested in Linux if I am going to be in the area, I
would like to be involved in promotion of Linux / OSS in some way and
perhaps take some ideas back home with me on my return to the UK.

I am currently a member of the Devon and Cornwall Linux user group, this
covers a wide area,  we do hold meetings,  it would be nice if I do get
over to Canada to be able to attend meetings and learn more about Linux
and related software at the same time.

I have been using Linux on and off since kernel 1.0.9,  in that time I
feel I have learnt alot,  however still have much much more to learn,  I
am currently using kanotix 2005-3, which seems to have been messed up so
I am going to start fresh with 2005-4 when it's released, hopefully
soon.   Moving from rpm to apt-get was pretty easy.

I will sign off,  I look forward to taking part in discussions and
hopefully attending meetings if / when I get to Canada in 2006.

Thanks

Paul Sutton (UK)