Playing DVDs on Windows and *nix

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 11 14:24:34 UTC 2005

Meng Cheah wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> My question is why is the video store selling or renting DVD-R to
>> customers?  Sounds to me like it might be a pirate copy.
>

> That said, in my experience pirated movies are sold more blatantly in
> Canada than some countries in Asia and I'm not trolling :-)

I do not know if it is more or less in Canada. I can only confirm that
there is a huge market here for illegal movies, both on tape and DVD.
And I even know which mostly nationality runs it. They are usually
untochable. The media will cry about copyrights but the media is run
mostly by them as well. The police will confiscate illegal copies but
not from them. Well... thats Canada.

zb.